- "I'm gonna drink flaming grog from a baby's skull!"
Luci looks similar to a shadow, though it is shown that he can cast a shadow of his own, which seems to mirror the direction he is facing. Like many demons, he has a spear-head tail, and spiked fingers and toes. Luci's figure has very little form or depth, and is accompanied with a large singular eye (that is shown), horns on his head, and fangs. His form often causes people to confuse him for a cat. Luci has also been seen smoking and drinking but it is unknown whether or not it has an affect in him.
Luci may be evocative of Lucifer, another name for the Devil. The name Luci itself ultimately derives from Lucius, meaning "light", perhaps a nod to his shadow-like visage. However, in Swamp and Circumstance, Elfo refers to Luci as "Lucille". It is unclear why this is, as at no other time does Luci or anyone else refer to him with this feminine name. A famous "Lucille" is Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development. This is a possible easter egg.
Being a demon, Luci doesn't have a biological form. As such, there is no way of knowing whether smoking or drinking has any effect on his "health". Being an infernal creature, drugs may not harm him, although he does state at the end of the Castle Party Massacre that he is "high" so drugs clearly have an effect on him. Luci is immune to fire and is able to manipulate shadows at whim. His shadow abilities are shown in Castle Party Massacre, when he makes out with a girls shadow, but not the girl herself.
Luci is from both Hell and Maru. Luci was sent to Bean by Enchantress and Emperor Cloyd, who spectate the shows events through a green flame. They reside in a temple in Maru, revealing Luci is from Maru as well.
- Hellraiser (1987): When Luci says "Open the gates of...I mean the ribbon" this is parody of Lemarchand's Box in the classic horror movie by Clive Barker. (S01E01)
- He stops himself from saying "open the gates of hell", which the box in Hellraiser is famous for doing.
- Paradise Lost: (1667): the title of the 2nd episode is a reference to The Prince of Darkness, the name John Milton gave to Satan. Luci is a demon from the underworld. (S01E03)
- The Exorcist (1973): Bean's possession by Luci and revolving head are references to this classic supernatural horror movie. (S01E03)
- He likes to ride people's back like horses.
- Human girls find him attractive. They think he is ugly-sexy.
- He once went on a date with Stacianne LeBlatt, which he ended up regretting.
- Luci once said he isn't comfortable in churches: although he had no physical reaction to it, perhaps being a demon alters just his state of mind.
- Luci: Do it! Do-it-do-it-do-it!
- Luci: I'm here to get rid of all the things plaguing mankind and replace them with worse ones.