Bonnie Prince Derek Grunkwitz of Dreamland is the son of King Zøg and Queen Oona, and younger half-brother of Princess Bean. He is the youngest child of Zøg and his only son, so he is the Crown Prince and Heir Apparent to the Throne of Dreamland.
Like his mother, Derek has blue skin and black hair. Derek has hair covering half his face, but when he removed it from its obstructing position, it is shown he has a unibrow. His hands alternate between having the 3 fingers of his Dankmirian heritage and the 5 fingers of his human heritage, though this could be an animation error (he is usually seen with 5 fingers).
Derek is shy, quiet, naive and introverted. He is shown to love to play with his is toys, and loves to watch the news. Derek is afraid of skillets due to being almost cooked alive.
- Charles Edward Stuart (1722-88): The moniker "Bonnie Prince Derek" is a reference to "Bonnie Prince Charlie", the Young Pretender to the British throne.
- He has a pet swan.
- He has a teddy bear called "Mr. Bear", which is his favorite toy.
- He likes to sit on his tuffet.
- He develops a fear of skillets in the episode Swamp and Circumstance.
- He is one of two known hybrids in the series, the other being Elfo.
- It is presently unknown if he survived Dagmar's attack.
- ↑ Bean's full name is Princess Tiabeanie Mariabeanie de la Rochambeau Grunkwitz, not "Drunkowitz" - she just called herself that while drunk. Grunkwitz is Zøg's family name from the House of Grunkwitz (like House of Windsor or House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg) - Twitter post of Josh Weinstein's verified account