The Limits of Immortality is the eigth episode in the Disenchantment series. It premiered on August 17, 2018.
- Scotch Eggs: Elfo find himself under a kilt again.
- Everyone Hates Daryl: the engraving that reads "I hate Daryl."
- Wild Party: the "disrespectful" party at Cremorrah is a callback to the one in S01E04.
- Birdman Rides Again: the second rescue is a callback to the earlier one.
- James Bond / Miss Moneypenny: As secretary to Odval, Miss Moonpence is an affectionate parody of Miss Moneypenny in the James Bond franchise. She appears in:
- Hitchhiker's Guide the Galaxy: The Gift Shoppe at the Edge of the World is likely a reference to the "Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe."
- Discworld: the edge of the world drop-off is reminiscent of that of Discworld.
- Morris Men: the dancing in the entertainment scene is Morris dancing, a form of English folk dance usually accompanied by music which is based on rhythmic stepping and the execution of choreographed figures by a group of dancers. usually wearing bell pads on their shins.
- Letter To His Father (1919): Malfus' book which is "more a letter to my father" is likely a reference to the letter Franz Kafka wrote to his father Hermann, indicting him for his emotionally abusive and hypocritical behaviour towards him.
- The King's line about finding the one true God is a reference to the Crusades.
- When Sorcerio puts on the "beak", this echoes the scene in the Monty Python and the Holy Grail with the "witch" and the turnip for a nose.
- Big Joe is a villain of the Bond variety, but doesn't think of himself as one.
- When Big Jo says "You're not a stone guard guy!" this is the sort of thing G.O.B in Arrested Development would say.
- Malfus gives the direction to the edge of the world as "just up Cherrywood Road, take a right at the dance academy." Cherrywood Lane is shown on the map.
- King Zog: Send all the knights on a quest for the vial. Cancel all other quests. We'll find the one true God next year.
- Big Joe: Thank you for the information Birdman, you've saved me a lot of time. Unlike other villains, I shalln't be telling you my plan. Good day...Oh, and in my mind, I'm not a villain: I think what I am doing is good.
- Elfo: What's going on? Why are people so excited?
- Bean: Remember how people used to just work, starve or eat? Well now there's a fourth thing - entertainment.
- Luci: Entertainment is just a tool that pacifies the masses and leads to the decay and ultimate collapse of civilisation: let's clap along!